Monday, June 15, 2009

Fearing for my life

So this past week was Riverbend. For those of you who don't know, Riverbend is Chattanooga's week long music festival. Every year the festival ends with a fireworks display. I'm not much into big crowds, but I happened to venture out on the last night Friday; for the sole purpose of watching the fireworks that I assumed were going to be pretty good. You know what they say about making assumptions. It took me an hour to walk from my car into the actual festival. I had suffer through walking down a long dark street, by myself mind you, and across the walking bridge teeming with people. Okay, back to the fearing for my life. After crossing the walking bridge you come to the Hunter Museum and it's beautiful pedestrian bridge. Usually I enjoy walking this bridge but that night, I FEARED FOR MY LIFE. The bridge is made of glass and metal. On the last night of Riverbend, I could not believe how many people were standing on this bridge. In my mind, all I could picture was just one of the large glass panes cracking slowly until I fell through. Not only were there hundreds of people on this bridge but I was trying to shove my way through them. And that little girl. Oh man, I wanted to pull her little pigtails out! She was dancing around in the middle of the bridge not paying attention to all of the people trying to get through. I politely said "excuse me." She looked back at me, gave me a little smirk and continued ambling to the other side. Long story short, never again will I cross this Bridge during riverbend, or any time when I think there may be an excess of people roaming the streets. Maybe, just maybe this decision has saved my life.

P.S.: I leave for Paris this Friday, there will be pictures my friend, lots of pictures, and hopefully an anecdote or two! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment